You can easily map a network drive to make it appear as a brand-new drive in the This PC section of File Explorer. By creating the shortcut, you will be easily able to access the shared files. Let’s go through the process of mapping a network drive.
Steps to map a network drive on Windows PC
• Go to the Start menu. Press on the Windows symbol given in the end left-hand side of the display.
• Launch the File Explorer. Press on the folder-shaped symbol provided in the left-hand end column of the screen.
• Press on This PC option. You will find this option in the left-hand side of all the available options located in the File Explorer screen.
• Press on the Computer folder. It is located in the top left-hand column of the This PC screen. You will get the taskbar under the Computer folder.
• Press on the Map network drive symbol. It is the symbol given on the “Network” column of the taskbar.
• After pressing on this symbol, it will open the context menu on the screen.
• Choose the drive letter option. Press on the “Drive” pull-down checkbox and after that, tap the drive letter which you wish to add for the Map Network Drive window.
• Press on the Browse option. You will get this option in the center right-hand column of the screen. Now, the new window gets open on display.
• Choose the file which you wish to use for the network drive. Press on the title of the system you wish to start using, go to the folder which you wish to choose for the network drive and then press on it after choosing it.
• Tap on the OK button. It is located at the end of the screen.
• Ensure that you have gone through the “Reconnect at sign-up” checkbox. Press on the box given to the left-hand side of the option in case you do not go through the checkbox yet.
• Tap on the Finish button. It is located at the end of the screen. After clicking on this button, it will finish the setup procedure and connect the system to the chosen file. Now, you can use a particular folder for the network drive.
Steps to map a network drive on Mac
• Go to Finder. Press on an azure color, a face-shaped symbol in the dock of the Mac.
• Press on the Go option.
• Press on the Connect to Server option.
• Type the address which you wish to start using.
• Press on the plus symbol.
• Tap on the Connect button.
• Type important details.
Ellen Cooper is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.