Winres.exe error can be encountered when you launch any particular program on your Windows 10 system, but there is an issue to set up or Startup function. The error also affects your email or sites. So if you are facing the same issue, then here are the instructions to solve the error.
Perform Full Scan
- Hold the Win + I keys to launch Settings.
- After that, click on the Update and Security option.
- You should select the Windows Security option in the left-hand side column and, subsequently, choose the Virus and threat protection from the right-hand side panel.
- Go to the next screen, select the Scan options.
- Finally, tick the Full scan radio box and select the Scan now option.
Launch Disk Cleanup Tool
- Hold the Win + R keys for launching the Run section.
- After that, input ‘cleanmgr’ into it and hit the Enter key.
- After showing a small section, choose (C:) drive from the drop-down section and press the Enter button.
- Then Disk Cleanup evaluates how much storage you will be capable of freeing from the employed room.
- Thereafter, you require to select the files of the ‘Clean up system’ after showing a wizard.
- Once more to select a similar drive and allow the Disk Cleanup for (C:) show.
- You should check each option expect Downloads then select the OK option.
Upgrade Device Drivers
- Reach the Start menu and right-click on it on the PC.
- After that, click on the Device Manager.
- Then reach the console and locate the exclamation sign.
- In case you found, then extend the similar and right-click on who had a yellow color sign.
- Now, click on the option of Update Driver and redo the same process for every yellow color sign.
Run System Restore to Return the Newest Change in the System
- Press the Win + S keys at once to reach Search.
- After that, input ‘restore’ into it and hit the Enter key.
- Go to the next screen and click on the ‘Open System Restore’ link.
- Finally, select the Next option and pursue the on-screen steps on the next screen.
Uninstall Program Associated to WinRes.exe
- Press the Win + R keys at once for launching the Run section.
- Thereafter, input ‘control panel’ into it and hit the Enter key.
- You should find the option of ‘Program and features’ on the screen then launch it.
- Go to the app related to WinRes.exe and right-click on it beneath the Name section.
- Now, click on the Uninstall option and pursue the on-screen steps in sort to solve this error on Windows 10.
- Press the Win + R keys to open the Run section.
- After that, input ‘cmd.exe’ and hit the Enter button.
- If the User Account Control section pop-up, choose the Yes button to allow the procedure.
- Thereafter, input ‘sfc /scannow’ into it and hit the Enter button.
- You have to wait for ten minutes or more to complete the scanning procedure.
- Later, restart the PC to apply the changes.
- Now, look if the error in Windows 10 is fixed or not.
Install All Updates
- Hold the Win + I keys to launch Settings application.
- Finally, select the option of ‘check for updates’ in the right-hand side panel.
Ellen Cooper is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.